Saturday 10 May 2014

Shouting voices


There are many voices shouting to be heard
I am only one

I do not have the energy to shout loud enough or long enough

I am tired
I am overwhelmed
There are so many voices shouting to be heard
I am only one
My story is quite similar to many stories I have read
I do not think my story is anything different, special or unique
so I think, why bother?
yet I feel a need to share my story,
yet it is not that different or unique


There are many shouting voices
hoping to be heard

I cannot keep up with it

I cannot shout loud enough
I do not have the energy
I do not have the spoons
My internal voice is hoarse
I want to share my story
others encourage me to share
I feel joy at times
I feel overwhelmed and sad at others

but also pressure,

pressure to share

pressure to keep up
pressure to shout loud enough
There are too many shouting voices
fighting to be heard
I cannot shout loud enough
I do not have the energy
I do not have the spoons

I will continue to share my story
when and where I can

I will not shout to be heard above the many voices

I will not try to make myself heard
I will only speak in my strong yet shaky voice
as I write my story out
and hope that some may hear me
above the roar of voices

Kerrilynn Harris (c) 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment